We are Hybrid News Group (UK), a fast-growing digital business with online news platforms read by millions every month. To keep moving our Editorial standards forward, we are looking for an Education Writer to join our expanding Kuala Lumpur News Bureau.
We are a dynamic, fun business with an extremely ambitious content strategy that will see us produce more engaging content in new and exciting formats to our growing audience (6 million unique visitors every month).
In 2016 our Editorial/Create team doubled in size. StudyInternational.com is one of the most respected Higher Education News sites globally and reaches upwards of 1 million UVís a month.
Working as part of an established Editorial team, the candidate will be responsible for writing in depth features and analysis as well as producing engaging content on the International Student marketplace.
The workflow will be a combination of independent reporting, providing unique high quality coverage of higher education issues, and also working on bespoke client advertising campaigns. The successful candidate will operate with the support of the Editor in Chief, Sub-Editor and other journalists.
- Reporting on stories relating to Higher Education and the Student Experience.
- Utilise analytics tool (NewsWhip) to report on trending news stories before they have broken.
- Uphold house style through all editorial work.
- Keep on top of Higher Ed. trends.
- Ad-hoc editing of freelance copy or material.
- Writing shareable news content and repackaging stories in an appealing way.
- Ensure grammatical accuracy and guarding editorial standards.
To be successful at this job what do I need?
- Voracious appetite for national and international Higher Ed. news.
- Expert experience in writing engaging digital news content.
- Experience covering Higher Education news or the international student experience.
- Proficiency in uploading through CMS (Wordpress).
- A clear grasp of editorial standards and workflow processes.
- Experience in working with high profile clients on advertorials.
- An ability to manage projects simultaneously.
- Great attention to detail and be highly organised.
- Upbeat and positive personality.
- Work with some of the top Editorial talent in Asia.
- The opportunity to travel and report on topics around Asia.
- Competitive Salary & regular pay reviews.
- 12 days holiday.
- Access to a gym and swimming pool in the office building.
- Fantastic prizes (our last winners won a holiday to a luxury 5* Hotel in Thailand and a 65" HDTV)
- Free fruit, tea and coffee.
- Regular inspiration & team events
Direct applications are welcome via phone and email to our own Recruitment Manager - Corey Archard.
Direct Phone: +44 117 244 3183