So you think you're a good writer? Here's an opportunity to be a successful one — by mastering the art of spinning business gold out of telling brand stories.
Because let's face it, in the age of digital journalism, this is really where the gold lies. It is what separates the good from the great, the change-challenged from the modern innovator, the idealist from the realist.
And unlike traditional journalism, there isn't a style book to dictate what is or isn't right in branded content writing — which makes this aspect of storytelling even more attractive, and something of an art form.
Because how do you speak in one voice to an audience best described as the largest consumer generation that has ever lived? How do you tell a story that keeps 2.3 billion pairs of eyes behind smartphones across the world transfixed for longer than the usual 8 seconds they spend on everything else?
If you think you have the answers, we want to hear it.
- Tell stories about our commercial partners in creative, engaging and shareable ways within the Education/Travel/Tech/CSR industries and beyond
- Contribute daily innovative ideas to all editorial sponsored campaigns.
- Work with both Digital and Editorial teams to realise commercial opportunities within branded content.
- Play a full role in growing our online audience via unique storytelling methods and use of multimedia tools
- Be a prolific Social Media user; use the platforms to promote campaigns and grow both your and the company's online presence
- Maintain the highest level of personal integrity and editorial integrity at all times.
- Assist in other editorial activity as and when required.
To be successful at this job what do I need?
- Degree level qualification
- Excellent English writing skills and experience of writing professionally.
- Ability to write fresh engaging content about commercial partners.
- Active social media presence.
- Strong work ethic, with an excellent track record of delivering to an Editorial Schedule on time.
- Enterprising, ambitious and willing to learn.
- Positive attitude and upbeat personality.
Who we are
Hybrid News Group is a high growth, successful and independent media company with niche Internet brands in Asia and emerging markets.
We are a fun, dynamic business with more than 60 staff members in three offices worldwide - and we are looking to grow our numbers quickly.
Last year, our Kuala Lumpur editorial hub marked major milestones; from expanding our digital audience to hit six million monthly uniques to making waves in the international arena by snagging a journalism scholarship for one of our writers, our ambitious team showed true mettle.
Fueled by the hard work of our sales, production and digital teams, these achievements led us to more: we won over 250 new accounts last year alone, partnering with global brands like Japan Airlines, Oracle, Bristol University and Intercontinental Hotels on innovative Sponsored Content campaigns.
As these campaigns are the cornerstone of our growth plans, we want to expand our branded content team with highly driven, creative and energetic members ready to be a part of Hybrid's exciting future.
Direct applications are welcome via phone and email to our own Recruitment Manager - Corey Archard.
Direct Phone: +44 117 244 3183